Thursday, January 31, 2008

Happy birthday, dahling!

Today is Tallulah Bankhead's birthday.




















Here's a few TB quotes for the occasion:

  • Only good girls keep diaries; bad girls don't have time.
  • Six mint juleps and I'm not even sober!
  • (On seeing a former lover for the first time in years) I thought I told you to wait in the car.
  • My father warned me about men and booze, but he never mentioned a word about women and cocaine.
  • (On why she called everyone "dahling") All my life I've been terrible at remembering people's names. I once introduced a friend of mine as Martini. Her name was actually Olive.
Tallulah was a lifelong baseball fan and adored her beloved NY Giants. She said that there had only been two true geniuses in all of history, "Willie Shakespeare and Willie Mays." The day the Giants' Bobby Thompson hit the "Shot Heard 'Round the World" to beat the Dodgers and win the 1951 pennant was happiest of her life she said. 

And, to wrap up, this from Wiki: "Tallulah was also a big fan of the soap opera, The Edge of Night. It has been said that after watching a female character agonize over a man, Bankhead contacted the producers of the show and said, 'Why doesn't she just shoot the bastard?'"

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home